Playing old school consoles on Wii U is possible thanks to a lot of emulators (Snes9X…).
RetroArch Console is a homebrew which contains main of them:
- SNES9x Next
- Final Burn Alpha
- Genesis Plus GX
- VBA Next
Install RetroArch on Wii U
Copy the entire directory (retroarch-wii) to your SD card in your ‘apps’ directory.
Start up the Homebrew Channel and start up RetroArch Wii from there.
On first startup, RetroArch will create a folder in the root of your storage device called ‘retroarch’. All RetroArch configuration files are stored here.
Use RetroArch on Wii U
On first startup, RetroArch will select one of the dozen or so emulator/game cores. The name of the core currently loaded will be shown at the bottom side of the screen.
You can now select a ROM that this core supports and load it in the Filebrowser.
To select a different core – go to the Settings menu (see ‘Ingame controls’).
Select the option ‘Core’ and hit the A button. A filebrowser will appear where you can select a different core. Press A to switch to the emulator/game core.
After doing so, select ‘Restart RetroArch’ to load the newly selected core.
dj_skual just released the revision 127 of the well-known homebrew SaveGame Manager.
“SaveGame Manager” is a GUI based on LibWiiGui by Tantric, homebrew to manage your savegame and Mii.
Official download page
- A cIOS249 rev 9 or higher installed, or IOS58 installed
- A SD/HC inserted in front slot or an USB disk
- A way to boot homebrew (HBC 1.0.8 or higher recommended)
- SDHC and USB2 support
- USB support FAT, NTFS and EXT2FS
- Official saves support (data.bin)
- Protected saves support
- Mii Support
- Multilanguage support
- Custom Font support
- SaveGame download (direct download on www.wiisave.com)
- Themes support (download direct on www.spiffy360.com)
- WiiTDB support
- Display informations about Savegames in a special window (Name, Subname, ID, BlockSize, Icon)
- Display informations about Miis in a special window (Name, Creator, Date, Gender, Favorite Color)
- Extract, Install, Delete, Copy, Move functions are available
- Custom Background Music support (AIF/MP3/OGG/BNS/WAV)
- Online AutoUpdate
- Homebrew Browser
- Channel Browser
- WiiLoad .dol receiver
- Widesreen support
Multi-Mod-Manager is a swisstool for Wii U made by Wiimu.
- APP Manager to easily launch homebrew from SD card
- Manage Priiloader Hacks and switch to it or Wii System Menu
- Install & Patch IOS36 to enable homebrew (express 1-click TBR)
- Remove stub IOS or unused Korean IOS
- Display boot2 version and information
- Display Wii system settings and more…
- Install Wii System Menu v4.x from Nintendo servers
- WAD Manager with faster batch operations and safety measures
- Reload to any IOS via a easy-to-use selection menu
- Configurable by editing “sd:/mmmconfig.txt” file
- Real-time on-screen status and detail reports on all operation
- IOS Manager to check/install/delete/patch/dop IOS or custom IOS
- Install Wii Channels from Nintendo servers
- Stable, compact and loadable from HBC, bannerbomb or as a channels
- Clear and easy-to-understand user interface to a powerful tool
The latest version of the popular homebrew created by Attila has been released: version 3.01
“- Added use of IOS/titles of the Nand plus wad on sd/usb and of the server Nintendo.
So on WiiU, it is not mandatory to have the wad files.
However, you should have exactly the required version and the nand file must be unmodified.
- Update of specific patches for WiiU by damysteryman (patch error 1017 and 1029). Thank you to him!
- Fixed IOS selection request and IOS not scan in the menu “Start Test”.
- Fixed installation of cMIOS.
- Fixed the list of source IOS for the cIOS d2x on Wii.
- Change the signature of the d2x v10/v10-alt IOS to indicate beta52 or beta53-alt.
- On WiiU, when selecting an IOS, the 249 is no longer selected because the default cIOS d2x does not patch the error 1017 on WiiU.
- IOS 36 (amended) will be then preferred.
Download Pimp My Wii 3.01